Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When To Exercise After Acl Reconstruction And Meniscus Repair Why Does My Knee Still Hurt After Acl Surgery A Year Ago?

Why does my knee still hurt after acl surgery a year ago? - when to exercise after acl reconstruction and meniscus repair

I had an ACL reconstruction and repair of the meniscus a year ago, my knee seems to always hurt my knee tends to swell a little after each exercise. I play football and after each game 90 minutes walk barley can, because my knees seem steep, but the pain in the knee is the worst

3 comments:

booger said...

With a repair of the meniscus, there should not bear weight on the leg for at least 4 weeks. You should also try not to bend the knee about 90 degrees during the first 6 weeks. ) If you do not (the guidelines or perhaps your therapist is not, you may have to repair damaged or not allowed to heal properly.

Often, the swelling after a workout and maybe a little pain after ACL reconstruction is common. Note that it is "normal" knees more! However, it seems that the excessive scar tissue, or "floating" in the joint. I would like to check with your orthopedist or to be safe.

David said...

If it had not completely healed meniscus. Meniscal repair depends on the age, type and location of the crack on the basis of the donut-shaped meniscus. the outer parts of the Don, I have a blood supply. I had a torn lateral with severe arthritis. I learned from laparoscopic surgery to remove damaged tissue, but eventually had to have a knee prosthesis. Perhaps even a visit with an orthopedic surgeon could light on the problem.

johnny k said...

I really want to talk about another appointment with my doctor. Whenever I apply ice to the swelling of the knee. For stiff problems, try to apply the cream from the heat before the games. I have my knee playing football and had to run after complications and no complications. Be happy you can still play. You can also play inside. It is only 40 minutes.

Post a Comment